The end of the year is all about reflections, new beginnings and, naturally, listening to lots and lots of tunes. That’s why we’ve asked a cadre of bands to assemble a collection of kicka$$ playlists featuring their favorite jams of 2012. First up, we have Swedish Avant Garde combo, Kriget. Check out their picks after the jump.
1. Blut Aus Nord – “Epitome III”
Really good French black metal, weird and nasty.
2. Deathspell Omega – “Fiery Serpents”
Also French black metal, taken from the EP Drought. Compared to the previous album, Paracletus, this record sucks, but this is the best song. Enough to be on the top ten though.
3. Bloody Mess – “Dragons”
Simply the best new hip-hop from Sweden, Adam Tensta and Michel Dida!
4. Death Grips – “I’ve Seen Footage”
The best hip-hop from America right now. Their album The Money Store is a milestone.
5. Skudge – “Overture – Jared Wilson´s Cass Corridor Treatment”
When you find yourself dancing at an illegal rave party early in the morning, Skudge is usually the reason why.
6. El Perro Del Mar – “To The Beat Of A Dying World”
Fellow musician Sarah Assbring shows how pop music can still be progressive.
7. Gesaffelstein – “Depravity”
French producer/DJ Mike Levy does the techno/EBM hybrid, the German way.
8. MF/MB – “Acids (Kriget remix)”
Exellent punk rock!
9. Paper – “Coming From You”
Paper is one of the best bands Sweden has to offer.
10. Tshetsha Boys – “Nwampfundla”
South African electro, fast and super awesome.